Stepping into Leadership
Developing and strengthening your leadership style
When taking on your first leadership role, your responsibilities shift. In this seminar, you will take a close look at your new role. You will develop your own leadership style and gain confidence in order to perform effectively as a leader.
As a leader, your primary role is to motivate, empower, make great decisions and develop your team. For a first-time leader, mastering all of the aforementioned is demanding.
This seminar will help you to develop these critical skills. You will learn how to become familiar with your new leadership role and to avoid typical mistakes as a new leader. You will get to know different leadership styles and figure out which style best complements your personal qualities and is most effective for your team. You will also learn how to make great decisions and to master communication techniques that take cultural differences into account. These skills will help you to gain the confidence necessary to perform effectively.
Gain confidence in your new leadership role
- Develop a leadership toolbox to take on your new role with confidence.
- Avoid typical mistakes when leading people.
- Improve your communication skills.
Basic leadership skills and tools
- What a first-time leader must do
- Distinguishing between leaders and managers
- Situational leadership
- Coaching as a leadership style
- Becoming familiar with your new role
- Developing your own authentic and effective leadership style
- Intercultural aspects of leadership
- How to give effective feedback
- Developing your team
- Delegating effectively
- Making great decisions
Graduate of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (UK). Trainer specialising in leadership and intercultural management. Many years of management experience as an officer in the British Army. TESOL certificate from Trinity College London. NLP practitioner.
Trainer input in turns with role-play and group work
Discussions, reflection, group work, role play, trainer input.
First-time leaders and high potentials
Young professionals with a first leadership role and high potentials working in an international environment.
The Seminar Stepping into Leadership is accredited as follows:
Professional Development Units:
- 14 PDUs within the range Leadership