Reaching win-win agreements across cultures
In this negotiation training, you will learn about the basic negotiation principles and which tools to use to prepare for and conduct successful negotiations in international business settings.
Negotiations involving foreign business partners can have a significant strategic, financial and technological impact on your organisation. For critical situations like these, skills and techniques are required that allow you to negotiate successfully with partners of different nationalities and from different cultures.
By attending this seminar, you will develop and train your personal negotiation techniques. In addition, you will be provided with strategies and tools to prepare and lead challenging international negotiations in your relevant business culture. The skills offered in this seminar will help you to become a competitive and collaborative negotiation partner. Furthermore, you will enhance and improve long-term relationships with your international business partners.
Confidence in international negotiation techniques
- Know the essential negotiation principles and tools to systematically prepare and lead successful negotiations.
- Develop an understanding of different cultural profiles and their impact on negotiations.
- Take the opportunity to apply the skills learned and practice negotiating while getting feedback from an expert.
- You will be able to reach agreements in a competitive yet collaborative way.
Negotiation strategies and international business
- Structure and flow of a negotiation process
- Assessing the cultural profile of your negotiation partner(s) and tailoring your approach accordingly
- Principled negotiation: the four principles of the Harvard Negotiation Concept
- Building relationships and creating trust with international business partners
- Toolbox for leading conversations and influencing others in a cross-cultural setting
- Dealing with critical situations in international negotiations
- Tactics and techniques to close a negotiation and reach final win-win agreements
Qualified businessman. International trainer and facilitator specialising in presentation, facilitation, leading discussions and negotiations, intercultural communication, intercultural management, leadership, team management, conflict resolution and motivation. Accredited as a leadership and communication trainer and a facilitator of team development processes and events at the European Commission. Qualified trainer.
Trainer input with individual and group work
Individual and group work, trainer input, role plays on prepared case studies. As this course aims at mastering negotiations in English, a good command of the English language is necessary.
Professionals of all levels
Managers and professionals from all industries who want to improve their negotiation skills in an international business context.
Professional Development Units
The Seminar International Negotiations is accredited as follows:
Professional Development Units:
- 14 PDUs within the range Leadership