Leading without Formal Authority
Confident – cooperative – effective
In this seminar, you will have the chance to reflect on your personal situation when leading without authority and acquire the essential skills of lateral leadership.
Organizations today are characterized by ever flatter hierarchical structures. Thus, leading people outside of one's formal line of authority as well as being a reliable internal business partner to peers is becoming increasingly important. At the same time, this is a very particular challenge.
In this seminar, you will take a close look at your individual situation and explore what it takes to act confidently outside your direct reporting lines. You will learn that clear and appreciative communication has a motivational impact on people's commitment to their dedicated tasks on the one hand, as well as their trust in you and your leadership skills on the other.
Gaining confidence in your lateral leadership skills
- Develop an understanding of your role when leading without authority.
- Know how to ensure the support needed in order to achieve your goals.
- Address objections professionally and handle difficult situations with self-confidence.
Enhance your natural authority
- Principles of lateral leadership
- Reflecting on your role and personal situation
- Leading cooperatively with self-confidence
- Motivational factors and their effect on peer support
- Convincing communication and negotiation tools
- How to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Addressing objections constructively
- Dealing with challenging situations
Graduate economist, trainer focused on conflict management, negotiation, time and self-management. Advanced training as systematic business coach and trainer at Milton Erickson Institut Heidelberg with Dr. Gunther Schmidt. Several years of experience as an executive manager in the training industry.
Reflection and group work
Trainer input, reflection, individual and group work, role play.
Functional team and group leaders as well as project managers and leaders who want to mobilize employees without having formal authority.
The Seminar Leading without formal authority is accredited as follows:
Professional Development Units:
- 14 PDUs within the range Leadership